Out at a festival during 2018 the owners this motorhome was unlucky enough to have a faulty leaking gas valve on the fridge, a very rare but possible occurrence.
Away from the motorhome at the time the fridge caught fire, a nearby fellow camper spotted the fire. Entry was gained by smashing the front cab window
Upon entry the fire was extinguished, only after extensive damage to the kitchen area.
The whole of the Kitchen furniture required replacing.
After the fire was extinguished and upon exit the step collapsed and the floor was also damaged.
After approval from the insurance company repair work commenced.
- External side skirts removed
- Damaged Floor Removed
- Floor Timbers & Ply Replaced
- Damaged Internal Wallboard Replaced
- Appliances removed
- Full Lower Kitchen (Fire Damaged) Removed
- Worktop Replaced and Recovered
- New Kitchen built from Matching Furniture board to original specification and improved in places. Due to the age of the motorhome furniture from Swift Group no longer available
- Fridge Replaced.
- Gas checked, 12v wiring loom to engine bay and fridge replaced / repaired
- Full deep clean of motorhome performed by Paul Rice @ Onpar Cleaning. – inside & OUT
Upon collection the owners were delighted with the result
If you require any help with Caravan & Motorhome repairs, service or accessories please contact us at www.allmakescaravans.co.uk
Find us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/AMCSLTD/